The consultancy services in the field of safety analysis offered by Tecsa S.r.l. are designed to meet the needs of users through analysis, evaluation and proposals aimed at resolving problems of fire safety of any kind in the industrial and civil fields.
These are some of the services offered:
- Feasibility studies and investment budget for systems of prevention, monitoring and active and passive fire protection in industrial plants;
- Basic, detailed and advanced engineering of the systems of monitoring and detection of smoke, gas and fire, active and passive fire protection for chemical and petrochemical processing plants, storage of petroleum products and hazardous and toxic substances, marine terminals, on-shore and off-shore installations, steel and engineering industries, food, pharmaceutical, manufacturing industries etc.;
- Verification and optimisation of the Fire and Gas detection system through F&G mapping techniques with the help of numerical codes operating in 3D;
- Assessment of the degree of functional safety relating to Fire & Gas systems also in relation to the reference standards (CEI IEC 61508 / CEI IEC 61511)
- Definition of contemporary and intervention plans in fire scenarios identified by risk analysis of fire or from the risk analysis of relevant incident;
- Verification of the level of probability of failure on demand for safety instrumented systems concerning the fire strategy identified and identification of the reliability characteristics of fire-fighting measures and systems (in compliance with the requirements of Legislative Decree. 105/2015);
- Processing of project documentation and of the related drawings;
- Preparation of technical specifications for request for quotation of materials and equipment;
- Technical assistance for the technical evaluation of quotes;
- Development of Corporate Safety Standards;
- Design and compliance checks with national and international regulations pertaining to fire protection systems;
- Practical tests of efficiency and responsiveness to the design of water and foam fire protection systems;
- Hydraulic testing of fire-fighting systems and spray-sprinkler systems (with the support of specialised and validated computational codes, e.g. Sunryse Pipenet);
- Verification of the degree of availability on demand of fire-fighting networks, systems and plants (also in connection with the provisions of Legislative Decree no. 105/2015 “Seveso III”);
- Assistance for practical testing of evacuation from offices and operational areas with particular reference to hypothesised incidental scenarios;
- Analysis and simulation with advanced computational codes (e.g. CFD) for performance testing in the event of a fire within the performance approach to Fire Engineering in accordance with national laws (i.e. Ministerial Decree 9 May 2007) and the international reference standards (e.g. SFPE, NFPA, BS);
- Conducting of specific audits to determine the risk of fire for the purpose of identifying the “design scenarios” representative of the organisation in question;
- Fire assessment through analytical sessions with application of the “Bow-Tie” and “Fire safety concepts tree” methodology pursuant to Std. NFPA 550;
- Analysis and simulation with advanced computational codes in system performance of exodus in emergency situations;
- Analysis, simulation with specific computational codes and verification of the performance of the lighting system of the process plant areas and workplaces, for the purpose of verifying the operability (also in accordance with reference standards) for normal operation/activity, and for the purpose of checking the availability of illumination that is adequate in conditions of emergency exodus;
- Checking of consistency of the fire emergency team in relation to reference incidental scenarios;
- Audit of fire emergency planning.
Fire engineering and support activities for the preparation of technical documentation for the purposes of the requirements of fire prevention are also conducted with the use of the new consolidated fire prevention text, also known as RTO (Horizontal Technical Rule), enacted on 20 August 2015 with the Decree of the Ministry of the Interior of 3 August 2015 “Fire prevention technical standards approval” pursuant to art. 15 of Legislative Decree 8 March 2006, no. 139″.
Fire design takes advantage of the results of analysis of major accident risks and hazard analysis of fire risk, in order to ensure consistency between the incidental scenarios identified and the fire techniques measured (active and passive) put in place to mitigate such events. This allows optimisation of the protection measures in relation to the actual degree of risk or to the performance objectives identified as a minimum to be aimed towards. TECSA S.r.l. also has considerable experience in the development of basic engineering fire protection standards on behalf of its customers who intend to standardise the approach to the discipline at their sites in Italy and abroad. Corporate standards are developed from regulations, from standards, from best practices and from the guidelines available at national and international level through specific experience and risk analysis. TECSA S.r.l. guarantees a constant updating of content through the participation of its experts in a series of technical meetings and technical committees for standardisation operating both nationally and internationally. Operating both in Italy and in the rest of the world the company guarantees its customers constant updating in relation to the operational experience acquired in other countries on industrial sites of the same type and complexity, both onshore and offshore around the world.