The study aims to compare evacuation performance in three different emergency exit configurations for a train station:
- the first is representative of the existing layout, in which there are barriers to allow the evacuation of the train area in the event of an emergency;
- the second, on the other hand, considers the installation of barrier turnstiles to manage the evacuation;
- the third is representative of a barrier-free layout / turnstiles.
Thanks to the computational analysis of the evacuation it was possible to:
- analyze the influence that the possible installation of turnstiles, to separate the train area from the rest of the station, would have on the efficiency of the evacuation;
- compare the total evacuation times for the three different configurations.