The consulting services in the field of security analysis offered by Tecsa S.r.l. are designed to meet the needs of the User through analysis, evaluation and proposals aimed at solving fire safety problems of any kind in the industrial and civil field.
As far as engineering and fire prevention services are concerned, TECSA S.r.l. provides specialist support in:
- feasibility studies and investment budget for active and passive fire prevention, monitoring and protection systems in industrial plants;
- basic, detailed and advanced engineering of smoke, gas and fire monitoring and detection systems, active and passive fire protection for chemical and petrochemical process plants, deposits of oil products and hazardous and toxic substances, marine terminals, on-shore installations and off-shore platforms, metal and steel industries, food, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, etc.;
- verification and optimisation of the Fire & Gas detection system through F&G mapping techniques with the aid of calculation codes operating in 3D (TECSA S.r.l. boasts a specific partnership with the leading company Micropack of Aberdeen, which it represents in Italy and of which it uses and markets the HazMap 3D calculation code for F&G mapping);
- evaluation of the degree of functional safety of Fire & Gas systems also in relation to the reference standards (IEC 61508 / IEC 61511).
- definition of the contemporaneity and intervention plans according to the fire scenarios identified by the fire risk analysis or the major accident risk analysis;
- verification of the level of probability of failure on demand of the safety instrumental systems related to the fire prevention strategy identified and identification of the reliability characteristics of fire prevention measures and systems (in compliance with the requirements of Legislative Decree 105/2015)
- elaboration of the project documentation and related graphic works;
- elaboration of technical specifications for material and equipment supply requests;
- technical assistance for the technical evaluation of offers;
- development of Corporate Security Standards;
- Design checks and compliance with national and international regulations regarding fire protection systems;
- practical tests of efficiency and compliance with the design of water and foam fire protection systems;
- Hydraulic testing of fire protection networks and spray-sprinkler systems (with the support of specialised and validated calculation codes, e.g. Sunryse Pipenet including the “Transient” module and the “Spray-Sprinkler” module);
- verification of the degree of availability on applications for fire prevention networks, systems and systems (also in relation to the provisions of Legislative Decree 105/2015 “Seveso III”, including Annex L, and in the light of the requirements of the fire prevention code for systems defined as “higher availability”);
- assistance for practical tests of evacuation from offices and operational areas with particular reference to the accidental scenarios assumed;
- analysis and simulation activities with advanced calculation codes (e.g. CFD) for the verification of performance in case of fire within the performance approach to Fire Engineering in accordance with national regulations (i.e. Ministerial Decree 9 May 2007) and international reference standards (e.g. SFPE, NFPA, BS, Factory Mutual Global, API, etc.);
- conducting specific audits to determine fire risk in order to identify the ‘project scenarios’ representative of the reality under examination;
- fire assessment by means of analysis sessions with application of the “Bow-Tie” methodology and the “Tree of fire safety concepts” ex Std. NFPA 550.
- analysis and simulation activities with advanced calculation codes of the performance of the exodus system in emergency conditions;
- analysis activities, simulation with specific calculation codes and verification of the performance of the lighting system of the process plant areas and work environments, in order to verify the operability (also in accordance with the reference standards) in case of normal operation / work activity, and in order to verify the availability of adequate illuminance in emergency exodus conditions;
- verification of congruence of the emergency fire-fighting team in relation to the reference accident scenarios;
- fire emergency planning audit.
The fire prevention engineering activities and support to the preparation of technical documentation for the purposes of fire prevention are also conducted using the Fire Prevention Consolidation Act, also known as RTO (Horizontal Technical Rule), issued on 20 August 2015 with the Decree of the Ministry of the Interior dated 3 August 2015 “Approval of technical fire prevention regulations pursuant to art. 15 of Legislative Decree no. 139 of 8 March 2006”, as subsequently integrated and updated in October 2019.
TECSA S.r.l. also provides consulting services for waste storage and processing plants. At this link you can download a summary page about the services offered.