Following the entry into force of Legislative Decree 145/2015, which implemented Directive 2013/30 / EU on safety of offshore oil and gas operations, and the issue of the Guideline by the Safety Committee, Tecsa has drawn up n. 10 reports on major risks for n. 19 between platforms and FSOs, belonging to n. 6 offshore fields.
In each report, the main hazards were identified and the risks associated with them were assessed through:
- HAZID assessment, carried out with the guide words provided by ISO 17776: 2015;
- Bow-tie application, quantified using the “LOPA” plug-in available for BowTieXP, CGE Risk Management Consulting software adopted for the creation and quantification of Bow-Tie;
- Estimation of the occurrence frequency of accidental causes through the use of sector databases such as OGP, and the probability of failure on demand of the barriers using the SPAR-H methodology to quantify the failure attributable to human contribution and the Fault Tree Analysis for the technical – instrumental components, through the use of the failure rates obtained from databases such as Oreda and Exida;
- Analysis of the consequences for people, structures and environment through the use of software such as Phast (DNV) and GNOME (NOAA);
- Risk recomposition for human life and environment;
- ALARP assessment to evaluate, through a cost-benefit analysis, whether the implementation of any additional prevention and / or protection measure is reasonably sustainable;
- Identification of Safety and Environment Critical Elements for (SECE), for each of which the performance criteria are identified and analyzed, using the “FARSI” model.