Among the main causes of accidents during events with high levels of crowding are the inadequacy of the location and poor management; therefore in the organization of a major event the right weight must be given both to the design of the structure and to the management and training procedures in order to achieve an effective exodus strategy in emergency situations.
Crowd management consists of systematic planning to ensure orderly movement and aggregation of people; it is therefore a question of understanding the behaviour of the crowd and the factors that influence it.
TECSA S.r.l. offers innovative services and solutions for the management of large event crowds; the company has entered into a formal partnership with the Dutch-based company IncontrolSimulationSoftware, leader in the development of software solutions for the optimization of performance, security and security of large events.
TECSA S.r.l.’s experience in the drafting of emergency and evacuation plans combined with the potential of Incontrol’s PedestrianDynamics software platform for the dynamic simulation of pedestrian flows, allow the development of a complete and advanced evaluation of exodus strategies.
The safety and security of visitors has become one of the main issues for major events and TECSA S.r.l. offers answers to complex logistic problems.
Pedestrian Dynamics is the solution for the simulation of pedestrian flows in complex infrastructures and can be used to evaluate the performance and safety of a large event. Thanks to the use of the software you can:
- save time and money by testing the performance and safety of the event during the design phase;
- assess and compare emergency scenarios or scenarios under normal conditions (visitor entry and exit);
- develop evacuation and emergency plans for organisational and emergency services;
- present the event website in a 3D visualization to the people involved in the organization;
- map the infrastructure with pedestrian flows and identify bottlenecks (potential source of risk);
- optimally plan the structure and visitor flows;
- understand the impact that an event has on a city (urban planning).
Over the years TECSA S.r.l. has carried out an extensive in-depth study based on the advanced numerical simulation of the emergency exodus for airports, railway stations, cathedrals, outdoor events, buildings of great value for art and history used as museums, hospitals.